It must be troublesome encountering bird poop on your newly washed car. Aside from the fact that you need to clean it again, it may chemically react with your car’s paint. If you do not notice it immediately, it may dry up and cause the paint to wear away on the area.
If you are encountering this, you should no longer fret. There are solutions to this problem that does not include washing your whole car again. The key to effective stain cleaning is addressing it quickly as much as possible. The damage can seat deeply if you do not clean the stain immediately.
=> 3 Easy Ways on How to Remove Water Spots from Car
In this article, we shall be looking into ways on how to remove bird poop in your car’s surface. We shall also be looking into the cleaning process for dried stains without damaging the paint or glass.
Tips and Tricks When Removing Bird Poop
Removing bird poop on your car may be difficult especially when it has already dried. With this, it is essential to utilize effective ways and products that can remove it without damaging your car. Before we discuss how to remove bird poop effectively, here are some things you need to do.
- Act immediately – It is easier to clean and remove bird poop when they are still fresh. Should you not notice it immediately, it may stick on your car’s surface upon drying.
- Perform pre-treatment – It is essential to use pre-treatments when dealing with dried poop. By softening it, you do not need to force scrape it. Your car paint will thank you as you eliminate potential scratches.
- Get cleaning products – There are cleaning products in the market that allow you to remove bird poop without washing the car. These products are chemically neutral that will not damage your car’s surface.
These are just some of the things you need to do when dealing with bird poop cleaning. You must remember that chemicals on a bird’s poop may also affect your car’s paint. It may wear away some of the areas. Thus, immediate action is needed.
A bird & a car. Image by Honey Jeffs
Removing Bird Poop on Your Car’s Surface
When removing bird poop on your car, it is pertinent to take note of the time. As much as possible, you must be able to clean the poop stain before it dries.
You do not need to wash the whole car again in doing so. Here are some of the products you can use to remove fresh bird poop on your car’s surface.
- Club soda or soda water – This product aids in cleaning bird poop on your car’s surfaces such as windshields and paint. You just need to spray a little amount on the area and allow it to set for a couple of minutes. Note that soda water works on fresh poop and not on dried ones. After allowing it to set, you can use windscreen wipers to remove the liquid. You can also rinse the area with cool water. If there are any remaining spots with stain, you can wipe them using a clean cloth.
- Special wipes – There are wipes specially designed for removing bird poop that are out in the market. These contain chemicals that can neutralize the poop and prevent it from further damaging your car’s paint. This product has specific instructions provided upon use. With this, it is important to follow the procedure indicated in the product before using it. The advantage of using wipes is that you can easily throw it out after use.
If you are not quick enough to notice the bird poop on your car, it may have dried already in your car’s surface. You may find it hard to remove it. Nevertheless, it can still be managed.
You must remember that scraping dried poop is not recommended. It may potentially damage your car’s paint or even the surface beneath it. We recommend you follow the instructions provided below to remove dried bird poop effectively.
- Soften with liquid – Using club soda and water, you can create a softening agent for the dried stain. Nevertheless, you can utilize diluted multi-purpose cleaners that are safe for your car’s paint. Using a damp cloth, apply the liquid over the stain and allow it to set for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove the poop stain – You can gently remove the stain using a damp cloth once it has softened. If there are lingering stains, you can repeat the process or let the liquid stay longer. Remember to apply a pressure but it is not recommended to scrub.
- Rinse thoroughly – It is suggested to clean the area thoroughly. There should be no chemicals left behind as it may react with your car’s paint. You can rinse well the area using clean water. To prevent watermarks or streaks, you may use another cloth to dry the area. Alternatively, you can use windscreen wipers should the bird poop was on a glass surface.
There are a number of products which can help you eliminate bird poop stain in your car. However, the process depends on its state – fresh or dry. It is generally easier to clean fresh stains than dried ones.
It is important to act immediately should a bird poop fall on your car. Letting it stay there for a long time may dry the stain, making it hard to clean. In some extreme cases, you may need a professional help in cleaning it. Moreover, you may require advanced polishing methods to bring back your car to its original shape.
Remember that it is not a good idea to use scraping methods in removing the stain. Not only will it leave residue, you may also damage the car’s paint and the surface beneath it.
To remove bird poop from your car’s surface, it essential to utilize gentle cleaning techniques. This is to prevent scratches or surface damage on your car. You can also utilize cleaning agents meant to resolve this concern. If you have the right cleaning products, you can effectively remove even the dried poop stains.